Monday, August 25, 2008

Few Days After Benign Vertigo Attack

I am feeling a lot better now since I started getting dizzy last Thursday and was told by the doctor that it was a Nenign Positional Vertigo. But I stil feel some heaviness on some part of my head so I will still call my doctor on Monday to set an appointment.

They said the Benign Vertigo occur on all ages, but the elderly are the ones who are affected the most. Unfortunetly, women are twice as likely as men to men it. Each attcks usually lasts less than 30 seconds and tend to come in an hours but usually settle within a few weeks. Most people are able to return to work within a week. The bouts tends to come back after a month or years, but some only have one attack.

I am glad to learn that there are usually no ill effects in the long run. Unlike some other causes of severe dizziness, there is no vomitting, rinitus or deafness. But patients have to be careful in driving.

 
Cheap Web Hosting | Top Web Hosts | Great HTML Templates from easytemplates.com.