important role to prevent various kinds of diseases. One of the characteristics of vitamin C is easily oxidized by heat, light and metal.
Benefits of Vitamin C
Vitamin C has many health benefits. Here are some benefits of vitamin C that you should know:
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant vitamin that can neutralize free radicals that can cause dangerous diseases, such as cancer.
- Vitamin C can help the body absorb iron, so the risk of anemia will be reduced.
- Vitamin C can keep maintaining the collagen structure in the body. What is collagen? Collagen is a protein that connects all fiber network, such as tendons, skin, cartilage and other tissues in the body. Collagen structure is good to heal bruises, fractures, minor bleeding, and minor injuries.
- Vitamin C can help increase good cholesterol in the body and reduce the bad cholesterol that can cause several types of diseases such as heart disease, stroke and high blood pressure.
- Vitamin C can help improve the body's cells are damaged. In addition, Vitamin C also may help regenerate cells in the body. By taking vitamin C in sufficient quantity, the skin will be spared of the symptoms of premature aging, such as dry skin and wrinkles.
- Vitamin C can strengthen the heart muscle, so its performance will be maintained.
Source of Vitamin C
The best vitamin for health is a natural vitamin. Here are some sources of natural vitamins (fruits and vegetables) that contain vitamin C:
- Broccoli: 600 mg/100 g
- Guava: 87 mg/100 g
- Red Paprika: 190 mg/100 g
- Orange: 27-49 mg/100 g
- Spinach: 59 mg/100 g
- Nuts: 19 mg/100 g
- Green Chili: 120 mg/100 g
- Tomatoes: 16-35 mg/100 g
Besides the few sources of vitamin C which is mentioned above, you also can get vitamin C from another fruits and vegetables, such as asparagus, cabbage, potatoes, kiwi, watermelon, papaya, pineapple, strawberry, etc..