So, when is the right time to start caring for your child's teeth? Actually, a good time to start caring for your child's teeth is at an infant, even before teeth appear. At birth, baby already have 20 baby teeth are not visible. This baby teeth should be kept healthy because it will support the future health of the permanent teeth.
How to take care of baby teeth? Here are some simple tips that you can do to take care of your baby teeth:
- After feeding the baby, clean the baby tongue and gums by rubbing the front and back of the tongue and gums. Do this carefully by using a sterile gauze that has been moistened with water. It aims to clean up leftover food in the baby's mouth.
- When baby's teeth begin to grow, brush baby's teeth using a soft toothbrush. Remember, do not use toothpaste.
- Use a fluoride toothpaste when your baby is 2 years old.
- Check and make sure that the baby pacifier clean before it is used.
- Don’t give foods that contain too much sugar to your baby.
- When sleeping, make sure your baby does not use baby pacifier.
- Bring your child to the dentist to check the progress and health of your child's teeth. Do this regularly, at least once in six months.