Thursday, April 10, 2008

Medical Unprofessionalism In Mount Sinai Hospital Toronto

So after that meeting I had with my doctor with regards to my surgery, I had to call back after a week to set the schedule for my surgery. Here you can see the unprofessionalism of medical doctors of Canada especially in Mount Sinai.

I called Wednesday, March 28, 2008 and was able to talk to my doctor's secretary only to say "Oh, DR.----, is in a meeting right now. I will call you as soon as I get hold of her later today"... I waited the whole day and no phone calls.. I called the next day and leave a message to call back to inform me about the schedule of my surgery and NO RETURN CALL... Everyday I have to call and leave a message only to get nothing at the end of the day. I didn't hear from them until April 2, Wednesday the following week.to tell me that my surgery will be on April 11.

She could have at least called, to tell me that there is still no schedule available or the doctor is still working on her schedule to accomodate my surgery, and that she will just call me if there is any update... But nothing!!!.... For one week, I kept on calling the clinic and my call wasn't returned.

I sometimes feel some fear having the surgery and how am I going to be taken care of in Mount Sinai Hospotal. I had previous surgeries in Branson General Hospital, North York Hospital and Etobicoke General hospital but I never experienced this kind of unprofessionalism.

The reoccurance of my case was diagnose last October 2007 and it is already April 2008. Imagine the time that was wasted!!!! I wanted to find another doctor but I feel that the time is running and nothing is being done on my case. The waiting time for medical attention in Canada is a time killer. I can only hope and pray for the best.

 
Cheap Web Hosting | Top Web Hosts | Great HTML Templates from easytemplates.com.